Statistics Help Desk
Statistics is the mathematical science involving the collection, analysis and interpretation of data. Several specialties have been evolved to apply statistical methods to various disciplines including economics, sociology, psychology, management sciences, agricultural & food sciences, engineering, chemical, computer, pharmaceutical & veterinary sciences etc. The core research projects in all the stated disciplines are crucially based on statistical methods. To cater the needs of these disciplines, the Department of Statistics is going to volunteer its services as a “Statistics Help Desk (SHD)”. These services can be helpful but not limited to the following purposes:
- Development of Questionnaires for Data Collection
- Tailoring of Statistical Methods
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Interpretation of Statistical Results
The Department is very grateful to the worthy Vice Chancellor of the University and Dean Faculty of Science for the approval about the establishment of SHD at the Department of Statistics.
- SHD will provide its volunteer services under Notification No.Gen/C-15/6336, Dated: 11/08/2020.
- SHD will provide its volunteer services to all the departments/faculties of the University without any discrimination but on “first-come-first-serve” basis.
- These volunteer services can be attained after submitting dully filled (downloadable) attached from for the stated purpose.
- The services of SHD will not be applicable to the problems related to class-assignments